Change

Adapt, cope, remain flexible and foster a positive attitude amidst life's ups and downs.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

QUOTES


I have never met a man who has given me as much trouble as myself.
- D.L. Moody


He who climbs the highest is he who helps others ascend.
- Anon


Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.
- Thomas Edison



 It is in our faults and failings, not in our virtues, that we touch one another and find sympathy.
- Jerome K. Jerome



A friend is one before whom I may think aloud.  Ralph Waldo Emerson


Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes. Ralph Waldo Emerson


Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause.   Victor Hugo


You can’t help someone get up a hill without getting closer to the top yourself. - Gen. H. Norman Schwarzkopf


Teaching a child not to step on a caterpillar is as valuable to the child as it is to the caterpillar.  Bradley Miller



A solitary man is either a brute or an angel.  
- Italian Proverb


The tragedy of life is what dies in the hearts and souls of people while they live.   Albert Einstein



Use what talent you possess. The woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best.  Henry Van Dyke



Often the test of courage is not to die but to live.   Conte Vittorio Alfieri



I know that you think you know what I said. But I’m not sure whether you understood that what you heard is what I meant.  Alan Greenspan


Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority - it’s time to pause and reflect.  Mark Twain



We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.  Frank Clark


Don't speak unless you can improve on the silence.  Spanish Proverb


It is worse still to be ignorant of your ignorance.  Saint Jerome


As is the master, so is his dog.  Spanish Proverb

The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.  Charles De Gaulle

















No comments: