1. Time is a river of passing events -- a rushing torrent. Greek Proverb.
2. Listen to all, pluck a feather from every passing goose, but follow no one absolutely.
- Chinese Proverb.
3. A man of high principles is someone who can watch a chess game without passing comment. Chinese Proverb.
4. You cannot prevent the birds of sadness from passing over your head, but you can prevent them from nesting in your hair. Swedish Proverb.
5. Youth is a kind of illness cured only by the passing years. Arab Proverb.
6. Where there is a hippopotamus, be careful when passing with a pirogue.
7. Lower your head modestly while passing, and you will harvest bananas. African Proverb.
8. If you close your eyes because of the bad people around you, you will not see the good people passing by. African Proverb.
9. In taking revenge, a man is but even with his enemy; but in passing it over, he is superior. Danish Proverb.
10. Maturity comes from wisdom not in the passing of years. Persian Proverb.
11. Never give up your own old mat for a better prayer mat which you see passing. Swahili proverb.
12. If summer had a mother, she would weep at summer's passing.
13. Man is like a breath, his days like a passing shadow.
14. We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love... and then we return home.
Australian Aboriginal Proverb.
15. Lower your head modestly while passing, and you will harvest bananas. Congolese Proverb
16. Like the seaweed that clings to each other after each passing boat separates them, so too a family will come together with the passing of each crisis. Indonesian Proverb.
17. The hour is passing.
18. The passing hour is sometimes a mother, sometimes a stepmother.
19. Little and lasting is better than much and passing. Moroccan Proverb.
20. All weather is passing. Norwegian Proverb.
21. We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Australian Proverb.