Mindfulness :Our life unfolds in moments. Pay attention.
We need to live in the present because that is where we are able to make changes. The past is gone and the future is a dream. I try and remind myself everytime I get frusterated about past mistakes. Concentrate on what you can do today to ensure a better tomorrow.
"Look at this day, for it is life, the very life of life.
In its brief course lie all the realities and verities of existence, the bliss of growth, the splendor of action, the glory of power.
For yesterday is but a dream, and tomorrow is only a vision, but today, well lived, makes every day a dream, a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope.
Look well, therefore, to this day."
Using "Seven Habits of Successful People"as a daily checklist to your activities would be a good way to stay on track and help you build useful habits and routines while avoiding distractions and losing your direction.
7 Habits of Successful People by Stephen Covey
1. Be proactive and take resposibility.
2. Begin with the end in mind. All things are created twice, first in your mind, then in reality.
3. Live by that vision; have integrity.
4. Respect others and seek to benefit them as well as yourself. Win-win is the Golden Rule.
5. Seek to understand first instead of being impatient to be understood.
6. Value differences. In an organization conflict and tension are healthy and normal. They should be celebrated because they can produce better, more creative products.
7. Renew yourself. You must constantly recharge your own batteries.
Focus on your daily efforts because small steps taken daily achieve any long journey:
"If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, "
~If by Rudyard Kipling