Steven Covey wrote in "First Things First"that
- what is more important than how fast you're going is where you're headed
- a meaningful life is a matter of what you do and why, not how fast you got there
- there are no short-cuts in life
He describes the difference between the clock and the compass:
- Clock: represents our committments, appointments,schedules, goals and activities. What we do with our time and how we manage our time
- Compass: represents our vision, values principles, mission, conscience, direction. What we feel is important to how we lead our lives.